tIDE v1.20, xTile Engine v1.2.0 and Tutorial + Content released

Coordinator
Sep 14, 2010 at 8:48 AM

tIDE and xTile have been released under version 1.2.0 with the aim of integrating into a single working system. A short tutorial is now available to help new users quickly set up a working XNA game project using xTile

• tIDE v1.2.0 introduces a couple of fixes
  • xTile v1.2.0 features an XNA content pipeline extension for bulding and loading .tide map file assets and associated resources via the content pipeline
  • A tutorial content ZIP archive file has been released to assist users following the xTile tutorial

Oct 3, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Thanks for releasing such a user friendly tool.

I'm wondering how to strech the screen to have a fullscreen display.

I tried to use the instance of graphicsDeviceManager graphics with the IsfullScreen method but it didn't work.

Thanks for reply =)

Coordinator
Oct 3, 2010 at 7:44 PM

To switch to full screen mode in the tile editor, press F11 or use the View / Full Screen menu item.

If you mean within your XNA project, you can use the ToggleFullScreen() method of your GraphicsDeviceManager object. I would suggest going to an XNA forum for more details.

Oct 4, 2010 at 1:15 AM

Thanks for replying.

I was a bit confused with the viewport in the project.

The solution you've mentioned is the one I used before i read this post.

I used to create projects from scratch but it's fairly long if you don't know where to go.

Is it possible to have a list of methods you can use with this tool ? 

Coordinator
Oct 4, 2010 at 8:13 AM

I should release some API documentation at some point, but at the moment I am tied up working in other areas of the project.