How to set tile animation, detail

Oct 24, 2011 at 9:49 AM
Edited Oct 24, 2011 at 9:50 AM

Your engine is cool;

I can't find more document to implement an animation tile

For example: I have a png which is 256 x  256 holding indexed animation sequence

like this

0   1   2   3

4   5   6   7

8   9  10  11

12 13 14 15

how to play in map edit to set the tile anmation in this sequence

further more

how to play this tile animation within c# game code to play it in game frame count eg: frame 100 to frame 131

I am a senior 3D game develop with c++/c#,  now we are seeking a 2D tile engine for a 2D project,  I can do nothing without documentation or tutotial, your current documentation on line is too simple to help.

Advance thanks

Coordinator
Oct 24, 2011 at 10:03 AM

To set up an animated tile, right click on a cell within a layer, and pick "Tile Animation" from the context menu to bring up the Tile Animation dialog.  From this dialog, you can pick tiles from the picker on the left (make sure to select the correct tilesheet from the picker's dropdown first), and drag the tiles onto the bottom pane on the right. A preview of the animation will start showing at the top. You can change the animation rate by setting the time interval within a text field below the tile picker. You can also remove frames from your animation by right-clicking on them and selecting Remove. Your animated tile frames need not be in any particular sequence in your PNG. In fact, you can pick frames arbitrarily and even across multiple tile sheets, as long as they match the tile size used by the current layer.

If you use the xTile rendering engine to render tIDE maps in your XNA game, your tiles should animate automatically as long as you call the Map object's Update method within your game object's update loop.  

Oct 24, 2011 at 10:51 AM

great,

thanks a lot