WP7 Project. tIDE Content Processor not showing up

Aug 16, 2012 at 9:45 PM
Edited Aug 19, 2012 at 9:20 PM

So, the other day I came across this great project and wanted to use it in a new WP7 game I'm going to create.  I started by firing up VS2010, and made a new XNA Windows Phone Game(4.0) project and followed the tutorial on how to set up tIDE and the run the .tide map. Everything went smoothly, and I could successfully compile the project and deploy it on my phone.
I felt happy, saved my project and called it a day. The next day I went excited to play with the project. The first thing I did was to make a new tide map and load it into VS, but to my dismay the tIDE Map Processor would not show up in the Content Processor. My first guess was that there must be something wrong with that new file, so i excluded the new map file with the original from the project. When adding the original .tide file to the project again, the tIDE Map Processor would still not show up.

I've since spent around 4 hours figuring out a solution to this problem and i'm not getting any closer on my own i'm afraid. I've tried making a new WP7 project but that doesn't solve it. If I make a XNA project for Windows and use the windows .dll I can get the tIDE Map Processor to show up again, but that's not solving my problem as i'm looking to make a WP7 game :)

Thanks in advance.

Aug 26, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Ok, so either i'm explaining the problem very badly or no one wants to help me? :(

Coordinator
Aug 26, 2012 at 11:16 PM

If you can zip your project (just setup project/solution/source files) and send it over I can have a look at it. You can upload the zip to Mediafire or similar and send me a link by posting here or by using the contact form. If you post here though, others beside myself might be willing to help out.

Aug 27, 2012 at 7:29 PM
Edited Aug 29, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Ty, for the reply.

I just zipped the whole project and shared it on Skydrive
http://sdrv.ms/OKkiHR

Ty in advance

Coordinator
Aug 29, 2012 at 9:49 PM

I've finally had some time to look at the issue. It seems I messed up the download package for v2.0.5 of the tile engine. I have replaced the archive (xTile205.zip) if you care to download it again.

Aug 29, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Edited Aug 29, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Thanks for taking a look at it. I downloaded the new Tile engine and the content processor showed up, thanks also :) Unfortunately now I get an "Unable to load map" error and I'm certain that my project is set up right. Just to make sure, I made a new test project without any extra code, and it got the same error.
I would appreciate if you could take a quick look at it again. I have updated the project on Skydrive.
I'll also post the error message I get from VS below.

EDIT: Getting late here, so I will call it a night and continue when I get back from work tomorrow

Error	1	Building content threw Exception: Unable to load map with file path 'C:\Users\Reidar\SkyDrive\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Sir_Lancelot_5th_Dimension\Sir_Lancelot_5th_Dimension\Sir_Lancelot_5th_DimensionContent\Maps\Map01.tide'
   at xTile.Format.FormatManager.LoadMap(String filePath)
   at xTile.Pipeline.TideImporter.Import(String filename, ContentImporterContext contentImporterContext)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.ContentImporter`1.Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.IContentImporter.Import(String filename, ContentImporterContext context)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoordinator.ImportAssetDirectly(BuildItem item, String importerName)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoordinator.ImportAsset(BuildItem item)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoordinator.BuildAssetWorker(BuildItem item)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoordinator.BuildAsset(BuildItem item)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoordinator.RunTheBuild()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.Tasks.BuildContent.RemoteProxy.RunTheBuild(BuildCoordinatorSettings settings, TimestampCache timestampCache, ITaskItem[] sourceAssets, String[]& outputContent, String[]& rebuiltContent, String[]& intermediates, Dictionary`2& dependencyTimestamps, KeyValuePair`2[]& warnings)
	Inner exception: NotSupportedException: Specified method is not supported.
	   at xTile.Format.TideFormat.Load(Stream stream)
	   at xTile.Format.FormatManager.LoadMap(String filePath)	C:\Users\Reidar\SkyDrive\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Sir_Lancelot_5th_Dimension\Sir_Lancelot_5th_Dimension\Sir_Lancelot_5th_DimensionContent\Maps\Map01.tide	Sir_Lancelot_5th_Dimension
Sep 10, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Yay, finally I found a solution to this. Apparently the "solution folder" is not needed, but you need to use a file structure as describes in this Thread: http://tide.codeplex.com/discussions/269337

Jan 15, 2013 at 3:08 PM

tried that didn't work for me :(
could you be more specific?