Farseer Physics?

Sep 14, 2012 at 5:35 AM

colinvella Have you ever integrated your Tile Editor with Farseer Physics? 

Has anyone done this? I'm working on it and I'm running into problems when it comes to the viewport and also some other things. I can't seem to create a polygon anywhere but the origin. even though I position it somewhere else.  Even if I position it in the middle of the screen.

I know this is a rather ambiguous problem, but I'm trying to make a 2d Side scroller and thought that a physics engine would be a nice way to help. (wanted objects that could be controlled by physics in the game not necessarily the map. but for a Ground walking area I thought that xTile could be a good help. Am I going about this the wrong way?

Thank you for any and all help.

Mar 26, 2013 at 6:49 PM
I was looking for this as well and finally stumbled upon someone who integrated Farseer, Game State Management, and xTile. You can find it here: https://github.com/skakri09/GameOfThreeTards-w-xTILE-Farseer
Mar 26, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Someone also integrated xTile with Box2D here.
Mar 27, 2013 at 5:30 AM
Oh wow thanks colinvella. I always heard about Farseer being a port of Box2d but I never paid much attention to it. After reading up on it now it all clicks about them using the same stuff Box2d uses. I dug through that sample I posted and it's just like wow trying to pick through it all.