Cannot open a map

Feb 20, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Whenever I try to open a map that I set at least one tile's properties on, I get an error stating that an element of type element with the name 'Properties' was expected. Trying to go through the code lead me in circles, and I eventually gave up. If I don't set the properties of any tiles no error occurs.
Coordinator
Feb 21, 2013 at 7:42 AM
Can you please specify where you are opening the map? Is it through code using xTile or by re-opening the map in the tIDE editor?
Feb 25, 2013 at 9:24 PM
In the tIDE editor itself. I am thinking that the reading of the XML elements happens in a different order that they are written, thus causing an exception to be thrown when an element doesn't match.
Coordinator
Feb 26, 2013 at 9:07 AM
If can have a look at your map file if you want to share it. Perhaps I can figure out what's going on.
Feb 26, 2013 at 7:40 PM
How should I send it to you? And what should I send? Just the map or should I include the tilesheet as well?
Coordinator
Feb 26, 2013 at 7:44 PM
You can zip the map file and associated tilesheets and share them on something like mediafire. I suggest you send it in a private message, and if sharing assets is an issue to you, you can replace the tilesheet images with placeholder images of the same size.

I'll see if I can debug the issue with your data.

On 26 February 2013 19:40, Ztgreve <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

How should I send it to you? And what should I send? Just the map or should I include the tilesheet as well?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (tIDE@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email tIDE@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Feb 26, 2013 at 8:29 PM
I sent you a link. I did figure out where the exception comes from in the .tide file. I put more info in the PM.
Coordinator
Feb 27, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Thanks for the help, especially the XML comment within the Tide file. The problem occurs with animated tiles that have custom properties. I have already submitted a fix in the code but I have yet to release an update. Will keep you posted.
Mar 2, 2013 at 5:26 AM
Thanks!